This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
m68k does not build on head
- From: "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp dot com>" <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 08:29:59 -0600
- Subject: m68k does not build on head
- Reply-to: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
Doing an overnight build of all rtems targets, I can across this
new breakage for m68k-rtems4.7. I last built this target on Nov 3
from the head and it compiled then.
/home/joel/gcc-work/head/b-m68k-rtems4.7/./gcc/xgcc
-B/home/joel/gcc-work/head/b-m68k-rtems4.7/./gcc/ -nostdinc
-B/home/joel/gcc-work/head/b-m68k-rtems4.7/m68k-rtems4.7/newlib/
-isystem
/home/joel/gcc-work/head/b-m68k-rtems4.7/m68k-rtems4.7/newlib/targ-include
-isystem /home/joel/gcc-work/head/gcc-head-test/newlib/libc/include
-B/home/joel/gcc-41-test//m68k-rtems4.7/bin/
-B/home/joel/gcc-41-test//m68k-rtems4.7/lib/ -isystem
/home/joel/gcc-41-test//m68k-rtems4.7/include -isystem
/home/joel/gcc-41-test//m68k-rtems4.7/sys-include -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -O2
-g -O2 -I. -I../../../gcc-head-test/libiberty/../include -W -Wall
-pedantic -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes
../../../gcc-head-test/libiberty/getopt1.c -o geto
pt1.o
../../../gcc-head-test/libiberty/regex.c: In function
'byte_common_op_match_null_string_p':
../../../gcc-head-test/libiberty/regex.c:7724: error: insn does not
satisfy its constraints:
(insn 158 85 159 8
../../../gcc-head-test/libiberty/regex.c:7699 (set (reg:SI 2 %d2)
(sign_extend:SI (reg:HI 1 %d1 [59]))) 65 {*68k_extendhisi2} (nil)
(nil))
../../../gcc-head-test/libiberty/regex.c:7724: internal
compiler error: in reload_cse_simplify_operands, at postreload.c:393
This is with gcc SVN head as of yesterday afternoon, binutils 2.16.1 and
newlib 1.13.0.
I can file a PR but this is definitely a recent breakage.
--
Joel Sherrill, Ph.D. Director of Research & Development
joel@OARcorp.com On-Line Applications Research
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS Huntsville AL 35805
Support Available (256) 722-9985