Re: apps built w/ -fstack-protector-all segfault

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005, Eric Christopher wrote:

> > this should also influence the -fstack-protector behaviour, but
> > that seems
> > to be OK.
> > __builtin_trap is used as I can see only if a vulnerability is
> > found, this
> > happens though on a simple hello world.
>
> Aaah. You'll probably need to step through the program in a debugger
> then and find out where and why it segfaults.

app:
#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
	printf("Hello\n");
	return 0;
}

I don't really know gdb how to use, but
gdb run:
main () at tes.c:3
3	int main () {
#0 main () at tes.c:3

allowing it to core dump and running gdb against the core
#... 0x0000000 in ?? ()
finally
Error accessing memory address 0xc0000000: No such file or directory

The same built only w/ -fstack-protector is OK.

What else can I do to help finding the problem?

Apropos: there is another bug probably related to libssp.so use (does not
influence the case here, due to __stack_chk_guard being in libc), it
should write %{fstack-protector|fstack-protector-all: -lssp ....}, else for
-fstack-protector-all it won't link against libssp.so

Thanks, Peter