This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: cross newlib builds on svn head
- From: "Joel Sherrill <joel at OARcorp dot com>" <joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com>
- To: Laurent GUERBY <laurent at guerby dot net>
- Cc: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 08:43:15 -0600
- Subject: Re: cross newlib builds on svn head
- References: <436A3C87.2030703@OARcorp.com> <436A3E2B.9000203@lu.unisi.ch> <1131827057.6774.968.camel@pc.site>
- Reply-to: joel dot sherrill at OARcorp dot com
Laurent GUERBY wrote:
On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 17:43 +0100, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
Joel Sherrill <joel@OARcorp.com> wrote:
Hi,
I have been trying to build sparc-rtems4.7 on the head using newlib's
head for a few days now. I have finally narrowed the behavior down.
If I configure for sparc I am configuring for sparc-rtems4.7 with c and
c++, it builds fine. The build process uses xgcc for newlib as one
would expect. If I add ada to the --enable-languages then newlib fails
to build because it picks a non-existent compile (sparc-rtems4.7-cc) to
build with.
Can you try the attached patch?
Paolo
Hi Paolo, any chance to get this patch in SVN?
This patch worked for me and I have gotten much farther with it.
Laurent: Is there any chance of getting a fix for the Ada problem that
is acceptable to put into CVS? It was an issue on at least arm and mips
as I recall.
--joel