This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: gcc.dg/ipa/ipa-5.c


Hi Eric,

A patch to fix this regression was committed earlier today to GCC4.1.

Razya


> Hi Razya,
> 
> > Yes, I am aware of this problem.
> > It does not fail for power and I'm trying to figure out why it fails 
for
> > x86 architecture.
> > It appears that the type of the constant being passed to a function 
having
> > a short parameter, is an int while I expected it to be short.
> >
> > call to g :     g (a, 3);
> > definition of g :   int g (float b, short c)
> >
> > I am not sure which part of the compiler is responsible to have the 
the
> > types matched, but I think they should at this point.
> > I am still working on this.
> 
> Any news on this?
> 
> -- 
> Eric Botcazou


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]