Re: weird installation problem on i686-pc-linux-gnu

On Nov 2, 2005, at 2:35 AM, Martin Reinecke wrote:
Is this a bug in my local version of "install", or could it be interpreted as acceptable behaviour?

I'd call it a bug. Free free to recraft your environment to not feature that install. If it were a popular install, a check for it could be added to the config magic to avoid it. I get the feeling you're the only person on the planet with such a thing. :-)

Unfortunately I have no way of finding out more about the local "install",

Someone owns the machine you run. In theory, they know, in theory, you should know who they are.