RE: resolving backslash newline whisky tango foxtrot: a proposal

Per Bothner wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
>> Per, please.  We've been through these ***exact*** interchanges before.
>> You're now just reiterating the entire thread.  You aren't adding
>> anything new,
>
> I didn't see my specific proposal ('\\' follow by space is not a line
> continuation *and* an improved -Wcomment defaults to on when no options
> are given) in the previous discussion, though of course the issues and
> possibilities were covered in excessive depth.

  True, but we've been through all the arguments about what should be the
'correct' behaviour, and everyone had basically agreed that there was no one
behaviour that would satisfy (where 'satisfy' means 'not oblige them to
rewrite megalines of legacy code') everyone, which is why I felt you were
retreading already-covered ground.

>> just informing everyone which of the already-discussed possibilities your
>> own personal opinion happens to be.  And you aren't even offering a
>> patch.
>
> You're missing an important point: I'm currently the only person listed
> as cpplib maintainer.

  LOL, yes, I did miss that, and yes, it is very relevant!

    cheers,
      DaveK