How to extract symbol type

Hi,

I'm trying to get the symbol type from a .map file generated by the makefile.

Actually, in the makefile, the option of my gcc are :
     $(XCC) -L$(INSTALL_DIR)/lib -Ttarget.ld -o $@ $^ $(LDFLAGS) -Wl,-Map,$@.map

Thus it builds a .map file where we can find the symbol table, but in this table
 we don't have the corresponding types (int, char, ..)

I didn't find any option to get symbol types.
Does someone know how to get it ?

Thanks,

E. Coullien

NOTE : CE COURRIER ELECTRONIQUE EST DESTINE EXCLUSIVEMENT AU(X) DESTINATAIRE(S) MENTIONNE(S) CI-DESSUS ET PEUT CONTENIR DES INFORMATIONS PRIVILEGIEES, CONFIDENTIELLES ET/OU ET/OU NON SOUMISES A DIVULGATION AUX TERMES DES LOIS APPLICABLES .  SI VOUS AVEZ RECU CE MESSAGE PAR ERREUR , OU S'IL NE VOUS EST PAS DESTINE, VEUILLEZ  LES SIGNALER IMMEDIATEMENT A L'EXPEDITEUR ET EFFACER CE COURRIER ELECTRONIQUE.

NOTE: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.