Re: Obsoleting c4x last minute for 4.0

Kazu Hirata wrote:
Hi,

I would like to propose that the c4x port be obsoleted for 4.0.

c4x-*
tic4x-*

The primary reason is that the port doesn't build.

I'm unpersuaded by the arguments later in the thread that we should keep this port for its pedagogical value as a BITS_PER_UNIT != 8 port. I think the criteria should be the same as any other port.

However, I do think that it's late to be making this decision, and I can't see any harm in delaying obsoletion until 4.0.1. That will give potential maintainers a fair chance to step forward.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC