This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Obsoleting c4x last minute for 4.0
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz
- Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 14:44:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: Obsoleting c4x last minute for 4.0
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <email@example.com>
Kazu Hirata wrote:
I would like to propose that the c4x port be obsoleted for 4.0.
The primary reason is that the port doesn't build.
I'm unpersuaded by the arguments later in the thread that we should keep
this port for its pedagogical value as a BITS_PER_UNIT != 8 port. I
think the criteria should be the same as any other port.
However, I do think that it's late to be making this decision, and I
can't see any harm in delaying obsoletion until 4.0.1. That will give
potential maintainers a fair chance to step forward.