This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Obsoleting c4x last minute for 4.0
- From: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: Kazu Hirata <kazu at cs dot umass dot edu>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,m dot hayes at elec dot canterbury dot ac dot nz
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 16:04:51 -0700
- Subject: Re: Obsoleting c4x last minute for 4.0
- References: <email@example.com> <425306C6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kazu Hirata wrote:
> >I would like to propose that the c4x port be obsoleted for 4.0.
> > The primary reason is that the port doesn't build.
On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 02:44:38PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> I'm unpersuaded by the arguments later in the thread that we should keep
> this port for its pedagogical value as a BITS_PER_UNIT != 8 port. I
> think the criteria should be the same as any other port.
> However, I do think that it's late to be making this decision, and I
> can't see any harm in delaying obsoletion until 4.0.1. That will give
> potential maintainers a fair chance to step forward.
But if it won't even build, then users should be warned.