This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++


Of all the times you've ported gcc to a new platform, what percentage of the time would it have been harder to cross than to bring up on the target system? What were some of the issues that made it hard?

As I think I made clear from my Ada analogy, I basically agree with your (Mike Stump's) viewpoint. An answer to the question is that if you are completely familiar with cross compiling, it's easy to do, but we do have the impression that due to lack of documentation and some inherent complexity, fewer people can successfully negotiate a cross compile than can deal with a native build.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]