This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++
- From: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- To: "Dave Korn" <dk at artimi dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 13:18:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++
- References: <NUTMEGiixjnzi95HfqR00000830@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
* Dave Korn:
> There's one thing even more important than the issue of whether we
> have to use C or a C++ compilers to build gcc, and that is that it
> should always be possible to build gcc using the native/proprietary
> (non-gcc) tools that come with a system, so that you can then
> replace those tools with gnu tools.
Why do you think users can't install binary distributions instead?