This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSA usage question
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 7 Jun 04 10:13:02 EDT
- Subject: Re: SSA usage question
I guess I should make my proposal more explicit:
(1) Add two operands to the ARRAY_REF node. One is a copy of TYPE_MIN_VALUE
of the index and the second is a copy of TYPE_SIZE_UNIT of the element type.
(2) Add an operand to COMPONENT_REF that's a copy of DECL_FIELD_POSITION of
the second operand.
In both cases, any PLACEHOLDER_EXPRs will be expanded, the copy will be
gimplified, and the operand will not be present if it would be a constant.
Does this solve the problem?
Then I propose that we allow VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR in a nested tree of
references if it doesn't change TYPE_MODE. It will be treated as a NOP,
just there for type-correctness purposes.