This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSA usage question
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 10:17:41 -0400
- Subject: Re: SSA usage question
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10406071413.AA09370@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 10:13, Richard Kenner wrote:
> I guess I should make my proposal more explicit:
> (1) Add two operands to the ARRAY_REF node. One is a copy of TYPE_MIN_VALUE
> of the index and the second is a copy of TYPE_SIZE_UNIT of the element type.
> (2) Add an operand to COMPONENT_REF that's a copy of DECL_FIELD_POSITION of
> the second operand.
> In both cases, any PLACEHOLDER_EXPRs will be expanded, the copy will be
> gimplified, and the operand will not be present if it would be a constant.
How would this look in GIMPLE? What assignments and uses will this
create? Because of all the broken mail headers, I haven't been able to
understand a single thing that was discussed in this thread. Could you
point me at the original problem description?