This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SSA usage question
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 00:17:39 -0400
- Subject: Re: SSA usage question
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <10406062140.AA02322@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, 2004-06-06 at 17:40, Richard Kenner wrote:
[ It has been impossible for me to recreate the thread of this
discussion. Kenner, please fix your mail program! ]
> Then I'd say that GIMPLE isn't powerful enough.
GIMPLE is not supposed to be powerful. It's supposed to be really
simplistic to cater to the optimizers. You are supposed to expose
everything in excruciating detail.