This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More on c-gimplify.c:gimplify_decl_stmt
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:42:56 -0700
- Subject: Re: More on c-gimplify.c:gimplify_decl_stmt
- References: <10406061724.AA00690@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Sun, Jun 06, 2004 at 01:24:37PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> It seems wrong to pass &tmp to gimplify_expr: don't you need to actually
> update the value in TYPE_SIZE_UNIT so that when it's used, what's there
> is GIMPLE?
No, because the SAVE_EXPR gets gimplified, which only changes the
internals of the SAVE_EXPR. That said, I see no particular reason
we have to retain the SAVE_EXPR in the TYPE_SIZE_UNIT field, so it
seems like we're making things more complex for no particular reason.