This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: More on c-gimplify.c:gimplify_decl_stmt
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Jun 04 16:55:38 EDT
- Subject: Re: More on c-gimplify.c:gimplify_decl_stmt
No, because the SAVE_EXPR gets gimplified, which only changes the
internals of the SAVE_EXPR. That said, I see no particular reason
we have to retain the SAVE_EXPR in the TYPE_SIZE_UNIT field, so it
seems like we're making things more complex for no particular reason.
I thought SAVE_EXPR isn't valid GIMPLE?
It looked to me like the gimplification was trying to replace the SAVE_EXPR
with a decl, but maybe I misunderstood.