Re: gcc-ss-3.3-20040519 is now available

gcc-ss-3.3-20040519 is now available on ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/snapshots/3.3-20040519/
and on various mirrors, see http://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html for details.

Gerald,

After Mark's OK, I installed an update to gcc_release to use md5sum instead of brik.

Seeing as this snapshot still uses brik, I'm guessing that you would need to secondarily approve the change by updating the copy running on gcc.gnu.org. If so, then I am requesting this.

Of course, it is also possible that the filesystem is setup to do some fancy footwork behind the scenes and actually uses the script that is current for the version of GCC as my update was not checked into GCC 3.3.x (Gaby, should it be?). However, this seems unlikely as GCC 3.3.x is currently generating a blank gcc-fortran-3.3-* file, which is not included in the GCC 3.3.x version of gcc_release.

BTW, I'm not sure that you would want this level of automation, but it would not be very hard for me to craft a few script lines to verify that it as well as the other scripts (i.e. update_web_doc) running on gcc.gnu.org match CVS HEAD and automagically update them otherwise.

Thanks,
Kelley Cook