Re: error for _muldi3.o

Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Shinpei Kato <shinny@j02.itscom.net> writes:
>

>>>This error occurs while compiling the function __muldi3 in the file
>>>libgcc2.c.  You should be able to recreate the problem using the
>>>command line which appears in your make log.  Use the --save-temps
>>>option to get the preprocessed file (libgcc2.i).  That is a test case
>>>for your compiler crash.  Figure out why the compiler is crashing, and
>>>fix it.
>>
>>I got libgcc2.i, BUT, I'm such a newbie to GCC that I can't see what
>>this file is meaning... What kind of section should I check?
>

> If you run the same gcc command line with the -v option, you will see
> that gcc invokes cc1.  Run the cc1 command line.  You should see the
> failure.  Now run cc1 under the debugger.  Set breakpoints.  Figure
> out the problem.  If that is not enough to help, you need to ask
> somebody else.

IMHO, a far simpler solution is to use Alexandre Oliva's
"debug" script:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-03/msg01195.html

Alexandre's "debug" and "cvs-utils" make life much
simpler while hacking on GCC.

cvs-utils can be found in:

  http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/cvs-utils/cvs-utils/

"clcleanup" and it's complement "cl2patch" are especially
useful for submitting patches with ChangeLogs and applying
submitted patches at a later date correctly.

Thanks Alexandre!

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT gmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/