Re: error for _muldi3.o

Shinpei Kato <shinny@j02.itscom.net> writes:

> I got following error messages during porting GCC to a new arch.
>
> ../../gcc-3.3.3/gcc/libgcc2.c:366: internal compiler error: in assemble_integer, at varasm.c:1984
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
> make[2]: *** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving diretory `$BUILD_DIR/gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stmp-multilib] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/BUILD_DIR/gcc'
>
> I think this is my fault not gcc because MIPS doesn't have this error.
> Anyway what muldi3 means? I think it's related to the muldi3 insn since at 366 of libgcc2.c seems for muldi3 insn.
> However, if I remove the insns of mult for DImode (means there are only mult insns for SImode), the same error occurs.
> This error is caused by $ARCH.md, isn't it? Or other files?
> Could you see or guess what's wrong? I hope your advice.

This error occurs while compiling the function __muldi3 in the file
libgcc2.c.  You should be able to recreate the problem using the
command line which appears in your make log.  Use the --save-temps
option to get the preprocessed file (libgcc2.i).  That is a test case
for your compiler crash.  Figure out why the compiler is crashing, and
fix it.

Ian