Re: precompiled header support

"Dave Korn" <dk@artimi.com> writes:

>   Which led me to the following thought: can't the gc be (ab)used to chase
> down all the pointers in the mmap'd area and convert them to a self-relative
> form?

Yes, in principle it can.  Another approach would be to have the PCH
code swizzle all pointers when the PCH is loaded.  In practice Geoff
argues that it is always possible to find a fixed address for any
particular host, so there is no reason to go to the trouble of
implementing these approaches.

Ian