RE: precompiled header support

  Some arbitrary one, and then gcc crashes when trying to use it, according
to earlier discussion on this list.  See

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=pch+exec-shield+site%
3Agcc.gnu.org

for the mailing list archive of the thread.

  Which led me to the following thought: can't the gc be (ab)used to chase
down all the pointers in the mmap'd area and convert them to a self-relative
form?

> Is it possible to disable generating/using precompiled
> headers for hosts
> that don't support it?

  Simply don't compile your header files.  Gcc won't force it on you.

    cheers,
      DaveK