Re: precompiled header support

"Dave Korn" <dk@artimi.com> writes:

>   Which led me to the following thought: can't the gc be (ab)used to chase
> down all the pointers in the mmap'd area and convert them to a self-relative
> form?

Something with the same effect can be done, yes.  However, no-one has
yet implemented this because it would be slower and there's never been
an example of a host which really needed it.  (Maybe if you can
explain more about your host, it might be the first example.)

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>