This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Using tree-ssa


Tom Crick wrote:

When I use 'make bootstrap', will this affect my current version of gcc? Would I
have to stipulate a different prefix directory?

As far as the build process is concerned, tree-ssa is not special at all!


http://gcc.gnu.org/install/build.html

Personally, in my build I simply pass a --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-ssa and then,
when I want to use it (for tcsh):


setenv PATH             /usr/local/gcc-ssa/bin:$PATH
setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH  /usr/local/gcc-ssa/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
setenv MANPATH          /usr/local/gcc-ssa/man:$MANPATH
setenv INFOPATH         /usr/local/gcc-ssa/info:$INFOPATH

But, there are *many* other possibilites to have a lot of compilers available
not interfering with your system compiler...


Paolo.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]