This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Using tree-ssa


Quoting Paolo Carlini <pcarlini@suse.de>:

> Tom Crick wrote:
> 
> >I then tried 'make install' but this did not work. Is it correct to build
> it
> >this way? Do I need to stipulate which languages I wish to build for?
> >  
> >
> In general, you should use 'make bootstrap'.
> 
> Anyway, what do you mean exactly by 'did not work'?

Hi Paolo,

Ouch, my mistake - 'make[1]: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.'.

When I use 'make bootstrap', will this affect my current version of gcc? Would I
have to stipulate a different prefix directory?

Thanks,

Tom


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]