This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: open watcom compiling gcc on win32
- From: <tm_gccmail at kloo dot net>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: "Edward S. Peschko" <esp5 at pge dot com>,Oscar Fuentes <ofv at wanadoo dot es>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 15:40:54 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: open watcom compiling gcc on win32
On 30 Jan 2004, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> "Edward S. Peschko" <email@example.com> writes:
> > > BTW, FYI, Borland is not C++ ABI compatible with MSVC++.
> > reference? I see different.
> > http://shop.store.yahoo.com/1-software-group/borcbuil50en.html
> I don't see anything there which says that the C++ ABI is the same.
> But I really have no information on the topic.
> On the other hand, I've heard several times that Microsoft has
> patented their vtable layout. That would make it impossible for gcc
> to emulate it, unless Microsoft gave explicit permission.
For more information, see this message: