This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: with-headers should be 'build' != 'host'
- From: Felix Lee <felix dot 1 at canids dot net>
- To: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at wasabisystems dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, dan clark <dlc at ncube dot com>,gdb-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:25:33 -0800
- Subject: Re: with-headers should be 'build' != 'host'
- References: <20040129034507.D5314180D@grayscale.canids> <Pine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20040129181152.GA15394@nevyn.them.org> <email@example.com>
it seems to me that --with-headers (and related options) can be
useful in any case where build != target
there are three possibilities
- building a cross tool, like linux/linux/solaris
- cross-building a native tool, like linux/solaris/solaris
- cross-building a cross tool, like linux/cygwin/solaris
maybe it would be helpful to put the word 'target' in the option?