This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
GCC-3.3.3 release status
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 28 Jan 2004 04:01:56 -0600
- Subject: GCC-3.3.3 release status
- Organization: Texas A&M University / Department of Computer Science
- Reply-to: gdr at acm dot org
OK December, 15 2003 has been long to come.
Since December, 12 2003 the number of regressions present on
gcc-3_3-branch has dropped from 66 to 20 (last week), and has grown up
to 28 as of today. Kudos to all those people who helped.
Only two regressions appear to be blocking at this point:
FAIL: gcc.dg/duff-2.c (test for excess errors)
which I think is probably caused by one of those patches having to do
with jumps table deletion.
I'll be spending time in tracking down those two regressions.
I may probably end up reverting those patches.
The release date will be slipped by a week. On Januray 31, I'll make a
pre-release tarball and ask for testing. If things go well, GCC-3.3.3
will be released a within two weeks after the first pre-release