Re: [RFC] Contributing tree-ssa to mainline

 > From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr@integrable-solutions.net>
 >
 > "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu> writes:
 >
 > | I would echo Gerald and Joseph's comments about regressions and
 > | documentation.  (However IMHO, it's up to frontend maintainers to
 > | upgrade their bits, so Ada and g77 not working is okay with me.)  I
 >
 > I don't understand that argument.
 >
 > If someone contributes a patch that suddenly makes a front-end
 > non-working, we consider that a non-starter and reject the patch
 > until it addresses the "non-working" bits.  I do not consider it fair
 > to change the mainline in a disruptive way for x front-ends and says
 > it is x front-ends maintainers' business to make it work.

My feeling on this matter is purely in the context of all those
goodies promised.  If the new infrastructure is really that good, and
we all agree this is the "future" of GCC, I can live with some
frontends not working and asking it's community to pitch in and
upgrade it.

Feel free to disagree with me.  But remember, they (tree-ssa
advocates) promised a lot.  If it turns out to be just a different
infrastructure, as opposed to a better one, I wouldn't feel the same.

		--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi			ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu