This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
less dwarf2 debug info stored in .o on ia64
- From: Rens Sankar <rens dot sankar at wipro dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, binutils at sources dot redhat dot com
- Cc: Rens Sankar <rens dot sankar at wipro dot com>, rth at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2004 11:46:50 +0530
- Subject: less dwarf2 debug info stored in .o on ia64
I am compiling a .o file which includes some header files.
My intention is to compile with the -gdwarf-2 flag so that the .o file
will contain debug information of the files included also.
This is working fine on i386 architecture, but not on an Itanium 2 (IA64).
The .o created in ia64 is not having the complete information of the
data structures declared in the header files.
The .c file is only having a dummy function, and the #include directives.
I tried running 'readelf -w' on the .o file to find some symbols. But
some symbols are missing in the .o created on ia64.
When I declared instances of these missing structures in the .c file,
the information came to the .o file.
Is this a problem with gcc in getting the debug information in dwarf2
Any comments on how to get the complete debug info will be helpful.
gcc version: 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-14)
binutils version: 18.104.22.168.4 20030523