Re: Future of gccbug

On Nov 7, 2003, at 3:17 PM, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:

Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> writes:

| > Hmm, then something is wrong somewhere. Everything that is entered in
| > bugzilla gets posted to me with a To: gcc-bugs and Reply-To:
| > gcc-bugzilla.
|
| Which is correct, don't wide-reply.

current practice on the GCC mailing lists is wide-reply.  You seem to
make gcc-bugs an irregural exception (irregular  in the sense that, if
it comes from bugzilla don't wide-reply.  hmm.).

This is because we never tried to modify/configure the list software to do what we want.

[...]

| Remember, only copying gcc-bugzilla actually gets the comment into the
| database.

and bugzilla does not put proper references.

Yes it does. It adds both "In-Reply-To" and "References:" as approriate.

This was done so the bugzilla replies thread properly.

-- Gaby