This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Ada updates frozen


> Jan Hubicka <jh@suse.cz> writes:
> 
> >> 
> >> I'm too far behind on email to understand what the reference to Jan's
> >> patch is.  I do know about Zack's patch.  So, this email refers to
> >> Zack's patch, but not Jan's patch.
> >
> > My patch does exactly the same Zack did for IA-64.  x86-64 has exactly
> > symetric behaviour wrt long double and __float128 as IA-64 ABI has.  I
> > really hope that if Zack works out the issues with Ada, it will
> > automatically fix the x86-64 part too.  I can do any help with fixing
> > the bug if Zack figure out how to make me involved in his effort.
> 
> I appreciate your patch because it has made it possible for me to
> reproduce the Ada bootstrap problems on i386.  I do not have access to
> any ia64 machine on which GNAT can be built.
> 
> The problem is indeed exactly symmetric.  I sent a partial patch to
> the list earlier today.  [http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2003-11/msg00064.html]
> 
> Jan, if you would like to help, could you
> please try to debug the abort in make gnatlib_and_tools?
I will try my best this evening.  (we do have conference now and I was
just scheduled to do some other work).
Does it happen on i386 or x86-64?  It should not happen for the former.
Urhm, yes.  Now I see it reproduces on i386 as I forgot to remove there
hack I used to bootstrap with -m128bit-long-double by default.
I am commiting obvious fix for this part at least and will continue with
testing on x86-64.

Honza

2003-11-03  Jan Hubicka  <jh@suse.cz>
	* i386.c (override_options):  Remove hack enabling 128bit long double
	commited by accident.
Index: i386.c
===================================================================
RCS file: /cvs/gcc/gcc/gcc/config/i386/i386.c,v
retrieving revision 1.616
diff -c -3 -p -r1.616 i386.c
*** i386.c	2 Nov 2003 19:47:57 -0000	1.616
--- i386.c	3 Nov 2003 11:50:46 -0000
*************** override_options (void)
*** 1374,1380 ****
    if (TARGET_SSE2)
      target_flags |= MASK_SSE;
  
-       target_flags |= (MASK_128BIT_LONG_DOUBLE);
    if (TARGET_64BIT)
      {
        if (TARGET_ALIGN_DOUBLE)
--- 1374,1379 ----


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]