Re: Extension of the CSiBE benchmark

You could use pieces of RTEMS or all of it. The code executive portion is intended to be very lean
99% C which depends upon inline assembly to touch HW and inline functions instead of macros. It
includes a port of the FreeBSD TCP/IP stack.

Thank you for the hint, we'll investigate it.

We also have some test programs which seem to map from a code size perspective onto what I
would think of as baselines for user applications. For example, one just starts and sysem and
shuts down (no printf) while the next does a printf so you can see the impact of doing that on
code size. Another set show various networking configurations -- basic, with httpd, with ftpd.

Could you point to the concrete programs? Are they accessible publicly at all? If not, would it be possible to get them for benchmark purposes?

BR,
Arpad.

--
Arpad Beszedes - researcher