This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] -fdisable-gimple
- From: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at redhat dot com>
- To: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- Cc: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 13:01:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] -fdisable-gimple
- Organization: Red Hat Canada
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
On Fri, 2003-10-03 at 09:21, Jeff Sturm wrote:
> How important is it that the branch continue to support -fdisable-gimple?
> For C or all frontends?
It's not. At first it was a way of debugging the gimplifier, then it
became a quick and dirty way of comparing tree-ssa against
something-resembling-mainline when running SPEC. I never modified the
SPEC scripts to do comparison runs between different compilers. I
Unless any FE folk have a use for it, I'd say we should discard the