This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Phil Edwards <phil at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "Loukas D. Peristeras" <lperi at mistras dot chem dot demokritos dot gr>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, assignments at gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 17:02:55 -0400
- Subject: Re: request
- References: <3F75C4DA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 08:11:54PM +0300, Loukas D. Peristeras wrote:
> Dear Sir/Madam,
> I would like to participate in the gnu/g95 project as a developer.
> I have been using Fortran for a long time and I think that the scientific
> community needs a strong free compiler (like g++) for the number
> crunching programs.
> I can program in C/C++ and I would like to help in the way that you
> think is appropriate.
Great! Here's where to start: http://gcc.gnu.org/ (there's a "Contribute"
link to the left, as well as all the internals manuals, etc).
Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.
- Brian W. Kernighan