This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: HUGE compilation time / memory requirement in compilation of single file
- From: Carlo Wood <carlo at alinoe dot com>
- To: Janne Karhunen <Janne dot Karhunen at pp dot htv dot fi>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 13:11:31 +0200
- Subject: Re: HUGE compilation time / memory requirement in compilation of single file
- References: <200309271324.38774.Janne.Karhunen@pp.htv.fi>
On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 01:24:38PM +0300, Janne Karhunen wrote:
> Other one being relatively big file (~ 2000LOC) having one single
> class inside that is using high number of inline functions. It
> takes about 4 hours to compile this file with a 2.8GHz xeon (it's
How big is the resulting object file (.o)? With and without
stripping please, for comparison.