This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa][rfc] plans for nested functions
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: torvalds at osdl dot org
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 03 23:26:52 EDT
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa][rfc] plans for nested functions
Why do you want to continue to support nested functions in the first
place? They are an abomination, a gcc-specific extension, and nobody
sane uses them (yeah, yeah, libobj, but I said _sane_).
For one thing because other languages (e.g., Ada) have them.