This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: system.h causes bootstrap failure
- From: Loren James Rittle <rittle at latour dot rsch dot comm dot mot dot com>
- To: gerald at pfeifer dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:43:53 -0500 (CDT)
- Subject: Re: system.h causes bootstrap failure
- References: <Pine.BSF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: rittle at labs dot mot dot com
In article <Pine.BSF.email@example.com>,
Gerald Pfeifer<firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> /usr/include/malloc.h:2:2: #warning "this file includes <malloc.h>
> which is deprecated, use <stdlib.h> instead"
> I have no clue, however, why this was not triggered in the past (it seemed
> to work even yesterday), as FreeBSD's /usr/include/malloc.h has been like
> that for a long time.
I appreciate everything that Daniel has been doing to get this fixed.
You might add --disable-werror to top-level configure until this is
sorted out. I would support Daniel's patch to autoconf or a gcc-local
patch which added -Werror to all header usability checks in the
presence of --enable-werror.