This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Copying collection and our ggc_collect practices
- From: "Zack Weinberg" <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 11:54:11 -0700
- Subject: Re: Copying collection and our ggc_collect practices
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
Daniel Berlin <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Currently, gcc has a bad habit of keeping ggc_alloc'd pointers in unmarked
> local variables, and expecting the addresses not to change over a
> This of course, prevents us from doing copying collection.
Could you give examples? I cannot think of any place where this is
actually _necessary_. I would be in favor of finding all such locals
and getting rid of them.