This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Apple's -fast option for gcc
- From: Martin Brain <mjb at cs dot bath dot ac dot uk>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 17 Sep 2003 19:11:39 +0100
- Subject: Re: Apple's -fast option for gcc
- References: <E378148C-E939-11D7-8F0D-003065A77310@apple.com>
On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 19:08, Mike Stump wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 17, 2003, at 10:56 AM, Martin Brain wrote:
> > As I understand it the number of levels refers to the scope the
> > optimisations work in.
> You're the first person I've met that's said that... Either, you know
> the people that first used -O2 and knew what they were thinking...
...a combination of mis-information, stupidity and wishful thinking.
<< .sig file removed for cleaning >>