This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [tree-ssa] Java: Decls that alias?
- From: Jeff Sturm <jsturm at one-point dot com>
- To: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- Cc: "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 10:17:09 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: [tree-ssa] Java: Decls that alias?
On Fri, 12 Sep 2003, Andrew Haley wrote:
> In the mainline compiler we handle this by sharing RTL between
> multiple decls; this has exactly the effect we want. But how is it
> possible to do this in GIMPLE? Is there a way to alias two local
> variable declarations?
Andrew, I'm not sure I really understand the problem. Is this somehow
related to the bytecode failures currently on tree-ssa?