This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: The address of a symbol_ref
- From: <tm_gccmail at mail dot kloo dot net>
- To: Anders Ådland <adland at stud dot ntnu dot no>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2003 11:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: The address of a symbol_ref
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003, Anders Ådland wrote:
> The length attribute is used to select the correct type of branch
> instructions. This is done by comparing the label_ref to jump to with (pc).
> On my architecture I have an instruction for loading from a symbol_ref,
> load r0, LLC0,
> but it can only be used if it's not too far from the program counter. Is
> it possible to get the address where the symbol_ref is going to be
> located? I need to compare it with (pc).
> Anders Ådland
Try grepping for "literal pool" in the GCC sources.