This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Mailine failed to bootstrap on Linux/ia64 again
- From: Roger Sayle <roger at eyesopen dot com>
- To: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2003 07:02:32 -0600 (MDT)
- Subject: Re: Mailine failed to bootstrap on Linux/ia64 again
On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, H. J. Lu wrote:
> Roger, it is your patch
> which caused the prolem.
Very many thanks for tracking this down. Yesterday, I ran an
ia64-hp-hpux11.22 bootstrap reverting my unchanging_anti_dependence
patch (which I thought was the slightly more dangerous of the two)
and confirmed that that patch wasn't the cause.
I'm currently testing for the single transform to disable to restore
bootstrap. Once found, I'll submit an "#if 0" patch to allow ia64
to bootstrap again whilst I analyse the real underlying problem. I
think that Andrew Pinski may be right that it could be an RTL sharing
Sorry for any inconvenience. Hopefully, I'll have a work-around
within a few hours.