RE: /lib/libstdc++.so.5: no version information available

Dan,
   I compiled the application on the same platform RHAS 2.1. So we are
building the application using gcc 3.2.1 on a RHAS 2.1 machine and shipping
the gcc runtime libs along with the product. In fact we are building our own
gcc using the source. However when I gave the option --enable-symvers=gnu to
the configure script and subsequently gave the make command, I encountered
the following error

O1 -Wl,--version-script=linker.map -Wl,-soname -Wl,libstdc++.so.5 -o
.libs/libstdc++.so.5.0.1
/usr/bin/ld:linker.map:31: ignoring invalid character `[' in script
/usr/bin/ld:linker.map:31: parse error in VERSION script
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libstdc++.la] Error 1

The line no 31 in version script
gcc-3.2.1/i686-pc-linux-gnu/libstdc++-v3/src/linker.map is

GLIBCPP_3.2 {

  global:

    # Names inside the 'extern' block are demangled names.
    # All but the last are terminated with a semicolon.
    extern "C++"
    {

What do I do now?

Thanks