This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc.gnu.org website blocking browser by user-agent?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: everton at lab dot ipaccess dot diveo dot net dot br
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, overseers at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 09 Sep 2003 13:43:21 -0700
- Subject: Re: gcc.gnu.org website blocking browser by user-agent?
- References: <20030909203036.GA18445@netflow.ipaccess.diveo.net.br>
- Reply-to: overseers at sources dot redhat dot com
[ Adding CC to email@example.com; please follow up to
overseers only. ]
Everton da Silva Marques <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> As user of recent Mozilla Firebird  snapshots,
> I'm having trouble browsing http://gcc.gnu.org.
> It seems this issue is caused by improper handling
> of the User-Agent of Firebird, which has
> recently changed from:
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030606 Phoenix 0.5
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5b) Gecko/20030907 Firebird/0.6.1+
This seems fairly unlikely. I can't find any instances of User-Agent
in any of the gcc web docs, which don't do anything fancy in any case.
The web server is Apache 2.0.40, and I have to assume that that
Can you give more details about the problem? Can you confirm that if
you change the User-Agent the web pages load properly?