This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Another reload problem/bug on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at tuliptree dot org>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at physics dot uc dot edu>
- Cc: apinski at apple dot com, Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 17:19:42 -0700
- Subject: Re: Another reload problem/bug on powerpc-apple-darwin6.6
- References: <BA617560-E186-11D7-A011-000393A6D2F2@physics.uc.edu>
Andrew Pinski wrote:
The problem is reload wants to put the external symbol _CurrentRuneLocale
in a constant label, LC29, but on Darwin this not allowed with shared
Sounds like you need LEGITIMATE_PIC_OPERAND_P defined. Even if code is
always pic, flag_pic should be true if and only if you are building a
shared library, so you can still use it to handle cases like this.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com