Re: Function declaration issues

Because in C, a function declared as () means any number of arguments,
this goes back to K&R C.

Thanks,
Andrew Pinski

On Wednesday, September 3, 2003, at 07:01 PM, Nikita Shulga wrote:

Hi all!

I was trying to understand, what's the difference between function declaration and prototype. I write the following very simple program, and I wander, if it is all right, to compile without any warnings(of course, with -Wall option)
gcc version is 3.2.1.
Here goes the code:
/*-----------------------------------------------------------*/
#include <stdio.h>
int a();
int main(void) {
a("String", 3.1417);
a(1, NULL);
return a();
}
int a(int c, int d) {
printf ("c=%d, d=%d\n", c, d);
return c+d;
}
And why I can call to a() with any agrument's I like?
Thanks in advance,
Nikita