This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: LMbench as gcc performance regression test?
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: Larry McVoy <lm at bitmover dot com>
- Cc: GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, linux-kernel at vger dot kernel dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 07:28:58 -0700
- Subject: Re: LMbench as gcc performance regression test?
- References: <3F51A201.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20030831140037.GA16620@work.bitmover.com>
Larry McVoy wrote:
On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 12:21:37AM -0700, Dan Kegel wrote:
(There seems to be large variations in successive runs of LMBench
when I try it, so it may take me a bit of work to get repeatable
Other than the context switch part or anything based on it, that shouldn't
be true, it should be very stable.
I'm pretty convinced that the variations are due to different pages being
allocated and the result cache contention makes things bounce.
Or an idiot running the benchmark. We really do have to rule that out first.