LMbench as gcc performance regression test?

http://cs.nmu.edu/~benchmark/ has an interesting little graph
of LMBench results vs. Linux kernel version, all done with the
same compiler.

Has anyone seen a similar graph showing LMBench results vs. gcc version,
all done with the same Linux kernel?
And does everyone agree that's a meaningful way to compare the
performance of code generated by different compilers?

I happen to have a number of versions of gcc handy, and was
considering making such a graph, but was hoping somebody
else had already done it.

(There seems to be large variations in successive runs of LMBench
when I try it, so it may take me a bit of work to get repeatable
results.)

Thanks,
Dan

--