Re: [using gcc book] ch1 objective-c blurb

On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Joseph S. Myers wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>
> > @chapter Programming Languages Supported by GCC
>
> Note that the g77 manual has a link to this section of the GCC manual,
> that will need updating - but this change to avoid mentioning languages
> in the title of the chapter will reduce the fragility of that link in
> future.

Okay, I'll work this into a rewritten chapter 1, and will send the patch
along after I do so.

> > GCC stands for ``GNU Compiler Collection.''  It is an integrated
>
> I think the manual should be using logical quoting.

...for example?

The ``foo'' quoting style is used pervasively in the text, including the
chapter 1 phrase that Zack is using here. Are you saying that these should
be something to the effect of @quote{foo} instead?

--
Chris Devers    cdevers@pobox.com

scatomancy, n. [Greek skor, skato-, "dung, excrement" + manteia,
  "divination, prophecy."]
A futile WHAT-IF based on the shit in your database or spreadsheet.
See also -MANCY; WHY-NOT.

    -- from _The Computer Contradictionary_, Stan Kelly-Bootle, 1995