This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
R: error: stray '\' in program
- From: "Gabriele Caracausi" <gabriele at caracausi dot it>
- To: "Neil Booth" <neil at daikokuya dot co dot uk>,"Philipp Thomas" <pthomas at suse dot de>,"Gcc ML" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:38:27 +0200
- Subject: R: error: stray '\' in program
I reply to myself because I've resolved the problem.
Thanks to Philipp because the problem was exactly in a sintax error in the
declaration on FIXED_REGISTERS in .h file.
Bye. Good work to all.
Gabriele.
> -----Messaggio originale-----
> Da: Neil Booth [mailto:neil@daikokuya.co.uk]
> Inviato: lunedi 25 agosto 2003 14.21
> A: Philipp Thomas; Gabriele Caracausi; Gcc ML
> Oggetto: Re: error: stray '\' in program
>
>
> Philipp Thomas wrote:-
>
> > * Gabriele Caracausi (gabriele@caracausi.it) [20030824 13:56]:
> >
> > > I'm trying to recompile under linux GCC 3.3 sources but an
> error occurs:
> > >
> > > regclass.c:78: stray '\' in program
> > >
> > > but the line in regclass.c is:
> > > static const char initial_fixed_regs[] = FIXED_REGISTERS;
> >
> > Please see http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html on how to report bugs.
>
> I doubt it's a bug - I imagine it comes from FIXED_REGISTERS.
>
> Neil.
>
>